Monday, October 6, 2008

1. Easy night in..

Welcome to October! The leaves on the trees are starting to turn yellow/orange/red now and the temp has fallen heaps! Most days we dont get over 15 degrees but then some of them get to 21ish. I love this weather! But apparently it gets down to -18 degrees here during winter!
Friday was a Public Holiday for some reason, so we had a long weekend off. Usually for long weekends all of the foreigners here get really excited and plan on going on trips away.. But for some reason this weekend nobody wanted to do anything. Maybe because it was the amount of partying we did during the last 3weeks. I know for me, I just wanted a nice quite weekend.

So Friday was spent making a video farewell for Greg who left on Saturday. After that we went and had a nice quiet drink.. and by a strange series of coincidences there ended up being 10 of us there, mostly arriving at different times. The night before we had celebrated Gregs farewell with a big night. We had a BBQ by the river with music and fireworks etc.. It was a great fun-filled night!

Then on Saturday Olivia invited us over to her Grandparents' place so sit on the roof and chill out a bit. This weekend happened to be the Hongcheon Elementary Schools 100th Anniversary, so they had fireworks and talent shows etc over there.. We went and saw that after Olivia's place and then I went to get some coffee. Around 11pm (I just got a phone call from the Education Board here, and got an interview on Wednesday!), Mike called to ask where I was, and so we met up and went to the Ginseng Festival! It was held by the river, and they had rides and food and this really cool $1 shop! Oh pictures of all this are at the bottom..

And then before I knew it, Sunday was here! On Sunday I basically did nothing.. I went to a coffee shop and read my book for a while and then had lunch and walked around. I went across the bridge to explore the other side of Hongcheon, but there was hardly anything there but apartment buildings.. Then after having dinner i walked around a bit more and then came home to call it a night. I went to sleep at 9:30pm, and I seriously think that that could be the earliest I've slept since i got here!

This is the Rooftop!

Ray love Guinness! So he brought me a can too.. I couldnt resist this shot!
The whole purpose of this ride was to spin people around really fast and they have to hang on for dear life! Then the operator can bump it up and down and his job is to try to dislodge as many people as he could! Imagine the Public Liability.. if there was such a thing here..

For some reason there are Korean cross dressers here.. they make very good entertainers apparently!?


For $2 I got these three things!!



Now I'm all relaxed up, and getting excited about my interview on Wednesday! Yaaay!!

2 comments:

ohlive said...

you know..you've inspired me to chronicle my time here as well : )
thanks for the walk home! perhaps i'll use my lifeline one night ; )

haha! see you around buddy!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your interview on Wednesday Kraze!
Luv you.