Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2. Festivals Galore!!

Apparently the Ginseng Festival isnt really the Ginseng festival! Last night my last class of the day (an adult class) took me out to see something literally translated as the "night markets". It happened to be the same thing we thought was the Ginseng Festival... but BIGGER!

There were heaps more people there and heaps more stalls and games! Here are some pics from last night!
In this game you select your winning baby Eel from that big red bucket and you drop it into that red funnel. It then makes a mad scramble to the edge of the metal container! If you look closely, the sides are all labeled with numbers and each number corresponds with a prize!
Then there was the Korean Bingo! Thanks so much for Olivia for translating all the numbers to English for me! It is kinda addicive though!! Oh and yes, that guys shirt does day "All we need is love snickers".

This was what it looked like at around 10pm.. I'll try to go back tonight and get some better shots. But i dont have my tripod with me so it'll be hard i think..


And finally these pretty little things were in the river.. I loved them they they really looked fantastic with their reflection and all..





So, as i was saying, this isnt the Ginseng festival, but another one.. It goes for around 15days i was told! So I think I'll go back and check it out! Of course there is also the Fairy Floss!!! :D I've also been told that there's a Fine Arts festival on this coming weekend.. It festival season here in Hongcheon!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those Chayna...
"screw the boring Roulette wheel...let's throw a live animal in there and get this party cranking!"

You know what you should've done at the bingo...be the one big indian dude who gets up and yells:

"NOOOOOO BINGOOOOOO"
(australian tv joke).

Sure most people would think you were crazy...but then again you're like twice as big as anyone there so no one would do anything.

Oh, and if there's any bugs on offer...you'd better be chowing down at least once!

ohlive said...

oh my god your like a god to me sharad!!! you rock my world man!!! seriously!!!

Anonymous said...

aww thanks olivia.. thats soo sweet!

PS: never leave your laptop with a bored guy and say: "you can surf the net or something if you want.."

muahahahaha