Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5. WCM Quest - Part II

So I went inside this department store and this is what I saw..

Firstly the building itself..


First thing you see on your left:




and that's when I had to put aside all my wonder at the extravagance of the place and begin finish my Quest.. So I knew it was in basement floor Two.. so down the elevator I went..



B1, nearly there! The fingers started tingling.. the mouth started watering.. the butterflies were doing loopty-loops in my stomach! Then I saw something that took my breath away and made my heart skip a beat all at once..



I couldn't believe what I was looking at!! It was really there! Sure it was small.. sure it was riiiight in the corner of the lowest level of this huge building.. but it was there!!!



Finally... success! The first time they stuffed it up.. they thought I wanted half-strength everything and not just half strength on the coffee shot. I learned that I need to say "Single shot" here instead of "half strength", and when they fixed it up.. I was in heaven! Sure, it wasn't Indro Junction style.. but there it was.. A Large Single Shot White Chocolate Mocha, Extra Hot.. I was going to ask for no froth but by the time I got passed the Single Shot thing I couldn't be bothered to describe any more.. language barrier really sucks! Next time though.. I'll be prepared!



Then I went for a bit of a walk.. feeling good about accomplishing my goal for the weekend..


I got to another building which had a cinema.. Now it's been 2 months since I watched a movie on the big screen and I thought I deserved it.. So off I went. The only English movie that was playing at the time was Babylon AD and Mama Mia.. While I was waiting for the movie to started, I was exploring and found the fire exit stairs, here's the view of Mokdong from there:





After the movie I kept walking and found this 'park' where families were just having fun together.. I decided to get my trusty Memo pad and write what I saw at the time..

"Walking through Mokdong after watching Babylon AD I stumbled across this park. Behind me the sun was setting through a thick wall of pine trees; directly in front was the large, still transparent moon rising to greet the night. Children were absolutely everywhere.. unsupervised and care-free playing everything from Badminton to Basketball. Bikes, skateboards, roller-skates, smiles, uncontained laughter, couples, young and old walking between trees that were continually shedding their warm-coloured leaves. It's hard to fathom that I only need to walk 20 metres behind me and I'd be amidst the hustle and bustle of big city life! So as the golden sunrays begin to disappear I suddenly realise that I can see a lot clearer.. this journey has not been wasteful after all.. "





Total Time: 48 hours.
Total Cost: 52,000krw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I thought your had your special WCM written down in Korean. What happened to it??

Since you don't mention which movie you saw, I'm betting it was Mama Mia. And you sang along with it, didn't you? :P

http://www.gloriajeanscoffees.com.au/pages/store_international.asp?mfid=5

Luv
Bhen