Wednesday, September 3, 2008

2. Baby

Yesterday after work I decided to go out and look for other foreigners, to no avail. I went to that funky looking bar/restaurant I mentioned earlier, and had a couple of beers. A few guys saw me drinking alone so they bought me a beer and asked if I'd join them. There were three of the 28, 30, 34 years old but they acted like children! It rocked!

So I had a drink with them, and with using their phone dictionaries and my own conversational dictionary.. I sorta got a good conversation outta them! I have to teach today so I told them that and left. The 35 year old was a civil engineer of some sort and wanted my number. So I gave it to him, and got his in return. He also gave me his card.. They couldn't believe that I was 23 years old. They kept calling me a baby!

Oh and a package came for me yesterday at work! Taji had sent me Dilmah tea bags and leaf tea and also UT porridge!! Man it's been so long I'd forgotten what black tea tasted like.. So I had my first cuppa this morning sitting outside in the brilliantly sunny weather.

Nothing much else to report for today. Hopefully this weather keeps up so I'll check out a different bar tonight and have a drink there.. hopefully there'll be another foreigner there.

No comments: