Monday, September 1, 2008

1. Welcome to September!

The first of September dawned a nice 19 degrees and pouring down rain! For some reason I woke at 6:15am and couldn't get back to sleep. So I just lay there sleeping in bursts of about 20 minutes, and everytime I'd look at the time only a few minutes had gone past.

So anyway, I woke up and since there was nothing to do, I watched Happy Feet and Ratatouille on the laptop. Then I had some cereal and went to work at around 2pm.

I got there and as with every monday, my first two periods I just prepare for the week. I got a lot done and read through some educational games to play with the youngins. So I dont mind Mondays too much.

In my first period these little ones (different from the others the other day), they found the hair on my arm amazing! So as I was teaching then they kept on playing with my arm.. using the whiteboard eraser to try and erase the hair! I can't blame them for being curious because most Asians have barely any hair at all. It's all good and well until they try to tickle me. Then it's time I get up and show them whose boss. Simply picking them up renders them useless, but then the others gang up on me to save their friends.

So then in third period, a middle schooler, about 14 years old noticed my hair too while I had him up and was teaching him something at my desk.. He doesn't speak much English but look at my arm and was like "Whoaa". Then I stuck my hand out, and it's like he was waiting for my approval.. stoopid litte brats haha! :)

Finally they never cease to amaze me. One boy named Paul (I'm not sure if I've mentioned this already), but on his break he pulled out his MP3 player and started playing songs he liked. Amongst some Korean Songs, there were: The Eagles, Beatles, and Billy Joel! So I asked him why he liked that kind of music.. and in his broken English he said, "I dont know.. it just ummm easy music".

Ok well it's time for me to sleep I think.. I added bigger pictures to the cacoons post for those who requested it. I'm not sure what the white ones were though.

Bye for now!

No comments: