Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1. Touchdowwwn!!

Wednesday, August 13 2008


Dear everyone at home,


I'm in Korea!! What can I say.. the first picture is the first thing I saw when I got out of immigration:




Yes it says: Kraze Burgers!! Apparently there are two Gloria Jeans in Incheon Airport where I landed, I tired all I could but couldn't get to one before the guy - Jay came to pick me up.. We stopped over on the way to Hongcheon, and Jay told me that this is a snack that all Koreans love.. it was dried cuttlefish (kinda like squid). Yep, a full cuttlefish about the size of my hand, dried on this clothes line type thing.. anyway I had a bite, and honestly, it wasn't that bad.. but I didnt eat anymore. When in Rome, ey? Well I got here, and its been between 30-35 degrees and constantly raining. Its so hot that you have a shower and sleep, and by the time you wake up you need another shower! No A/C here either.. At the moment I'm sleeping on the floor on a little blanket thing, I'll get a bed soon. The other thing is that there isn't any hot water (but seriously I dont need it in this weather!!). Now on to the place I live.. I live with my employer's (Jay) uncle who's 49 years old and smokes and drinks like a chimney during monsoon season, but is generally an all-round nice guy. Here's a picture of him I just took:

He made dinner tonight, but I cant pronounce it, let alone try to spell it! Kimchi is HUGE here, they have it with everything!! Thanks to Pav and that dare, I already had some and knew what to expect. I get one meal a day provided while I'm at work, and it comes within 15 minutes of ordering. It comes in ornate dishes and in addition to the meal (I have veg fried rice), they bring hot soup, kimchi and sauce. Then you just leave the dirty dishes outside and they pick it up. All for about $6AUD each.. Ok enough of the food talk, this is my apartment:

And this is where it is situated:
Right in the middle of the image you'll see a maroon building.. that's my apartment. Yes, I know.. this place rocks!! Mountains all over the place!! Another example, is when I look out of my window in the morning:

Oh and lastly, down my street:
Anyways, getting a bit tired now, so I'm off to bed.. everything else is fine. I miss everyone back home SOOO MUCH. Like I was telling Taj, I want so bad to come home, but at the same time I want to stay here and explore everything!

One thing I will ask is that please everyone, take care of yourselves.. I want to come back and see everyone just as they were :)
Sharad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dot worry bro...we will all be here when u get back...:) stay smiling!