Wednesday, August 20, 2008

4. Ahhhh BUGG!!

So today I went to work on a gloriously sunny day. It was about 26 degrees and the sun was out and I had to go to to work.. But work was ok. I had two cheeky thirteen year old girls and I had to teach them 'conversational English', and that's always fun! They can actually understand my jokes, and we have a good laugh... all I have to do is talk to them!


So today they saw a bug. You should have seen them scream and run out of the classroom! We ended up moving to the next classroom, but a joke from me (about the bug being on Sandy's leg) had us learning outside. She wouldn't step back in the building! It was a great day though so I didn't mind! Actually I found out that the school is right next to a brothel! The way the girls told me, they could have been talking about the weather! It was such an everyday thing for them to know.. really shocked me! It was really funny to hear them try to describe it (they didn't know the English word for it).

This is Sandy (students must have English names when in an English Hagwon. So far I've named Chris, Harry, Justin (who hated his name), and little Gabrielle. Anyway, this is Sandy who took about 20 pictures of her doing her hair in her mirror (attached to her bike). And after that is Amanda, whose a lot of fun and not as scared of bugs as Sandy!




Then after work I went exploring a bit more.. Here's what I found:


Yes, somebody is growing pumpkins there!




This is the main river that runs down Hongcheon, far in the distance is Apartment City.



A close up of Apartment City, just across the river:


Looking down river:


This guy was fishing away, and I think the police came to get him! But they ended up just waiting for him to finish.. I think he'll prolly give them a little share of what he got and they'll be on their way..



Ummm.. ok!





Me being a tool..



Ok I'm not too sure about this one.. this was taken just down the road from me, on the way home.. Is it just me or does that look like the Nazi Swastika?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like you are having a blast! the blog is a great idea, i sit on my iPhone while Nik watches "dance" and do all my catching up with the KK!

be good ;)