Thursday, August 21, 2008

5. Officially an Alien

Well, what can I say.. today I've officially became an Alien. Really! Here's the proof:




So today dawned probably the most perfect day I've had so far! The sun was shining, and the birds were singing and it was a beautiful 22 degrees celsius! We went for a drive through the mountains, and ended up in Chuncheon about half an hour later! This place was pretty big! And the apartment buildings absolutely everywhere made Hongcheon look like a dwarf! Here are some pics I took of Chuncheon.. we weren't there for long because I had to start work at 2:30pm so I couldnt take any decent shots!




Yep, every single one... apartment block:
So yeah, it was an all round perfect day. I got to the Hagwon at 2:15pm, and started preparing for my first class.. two students who just learnt the alphabet! So I had to drum the alphabet into them more and more..



In one of my classes I had two girls (8 and 10 years old) and a boy (8 year old) and we were talking about birthdays.. Anyway, these kids are soo affectionate.. after I had them acting and playing around to the tune of "Ok, now ride a bicycle" and they'd go about trying to ride a pretend bike.. watching the others and laughing at themselves!



Then they were tired, and came up to the front desk and I got them to individually read words to me.. while I was busy with the other two, the 8 year old girl found the hair on my arm fasinating! So she started playing with my arm like a stuffed toy (meanwhile I'm trying to teach the other two to read 'Scott'). Then I called her up and we started reading more... she kept staring at me for some reason while I was teaching the other two.. then when it got her turn to read a word I'd look at her and she was still staring at me.. then out of nowhere she reached out and pinched my cheek and read the word perfectly with a biiiig smile! :D

I really should get pictures of these little brats.. maybe tomorrow! :-)


Oh oh and we had pizza for dinner! And then I decided to walk home cos the weather was soo perfect.. and as I was walking I heard the distant call of my name (or what's been come to be my name), something like mu-shi-con-yo - Carniverous Dinosaur! I turned around and this little one came running up to me.. I had no idea what his name was.. and he barely spoke english.. actually thinking back on it now i think it was the boy in first period I was teaching the alphabet to.. he pointed that his parents owned a shop and I pointed to where I live and said seeya later.. and he copied me and ran off...


And so that was my day today.. I'm starting to like this place a lot more now.. especially since it's started to cool down.. Oh and I had my first warm shower today! Finally they installed the hot water! Ok that's all for now.. the weekend's coming up; that should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As things settle down it seems your starting to enjoy it more. But the dot dot space if fully annoying! Lolz

Went out with some friends last night who have been to Seoul lately, they said there's a fast food chain called Kye Dong that you should check out. They sell these battered chicken ball type things that they deep fry, buy them but the bucket. Pretty addictive apparently!

How's the pizza over there?