Saturday, January 10, 2009

1. And So It Ends…

Hi everyone, guest blogger Shai here. Kraze asked me to write a few lines as he was home for a few weeks – so here goes.

I guess it all started in a bit of a mess. I spent the day cooking a huge meal for the family, first time we’d had them over for a Christmas Dinner. By the afternoon the day of cooking had me raggered so I took a cold shower and waiting for everyone to arrive. I had received SingStar for Christmas earlier so I played around with that.

The night was going well, we were having fun, laughing, eating and drinking when all-of-a-sudden a knock at the door. There was my cousin from Sydney, Coles enviro bag in toe! What a surprise! Though it was a little concerning that her husband wasn’t with her, but after a little bit of grilling we let it go. Meanwhile she was acting very strangely.

More laughing.
More eating.
More drinking.
.
.
.
Another knock!
.
.
.
I had heard this one before, it was a knock that I received 3 times on my 23rd birthday when Kraze and the rest of my family decided they would follow me down to Sydney in a covert mission to scare the bejesus out of me (god that ’81 cab sauv was good!).

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing as I opened the door! Even bigger surprise! So THAT’S why he wasn’t returning calls, emails or blogging for the last few days – all the pieces started to fall into place, as mum decided she’d just plan fall apart! So offcourse the evening ended something like this:

Lots more laughing.
Lots more eating.
Lots more drinking.
Lots of “OMG I still can’t believe you’re here!”
HA!

Anyways, the following two-and-a-half weeks were pretty special. While things were back to normal, it was also very different. Now, the day of his departure, I sit here thinking of the fun we have had. Not only of the last 20 odd days, but over the last 20 odd years.

I’d love to be able to tell you all the little things that Kraze did through the years that defined him, but alas I have only a few lines – so I’ll tell you what I miss most about him.

He’s a man of few words – and when spoken, spoken very gently. Don’t be attentive enough and you’ll miss his whole sentence – usually a statement that is rather profound – unless we slip something in his drink. I miss that about him. Donna (doner?) just likes to talk – lots. Sorry Don!
Kraze is a rock. Anyone who knows him knows that he’s withstand anything. He’ even withstand anything, for you. Which makes him a very very good person to have around at times of crises. He’s helped me through a whole bunch of bad times, but I still wont let him forget the night he made me sleep at the bus shelter!
The boy can cook (see Nov 27, 30)! While it was great to have what he had made, it was even more fun sharing ideas or coming up with unique flavour combinations. Needless to say with the amount of times he asked for soju/anju (see Dec 22) while he was here, I reckon he’s pretty much lost the plot.

While I do miss him, I can’t think of a better thing that he could be doing. He’s wanted to explore the world for a long time now and it’s finally happening. In fact, I very envious – I must have missed out on the adventure gene.

Thanks heaps for the surprise Kraze, it was truly awesome having you back here for a few days. You’re probably still sitting in the plane now – miss you heaps mate.

Be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Firstly - SingStar??!! I'm going to be watching Oz Idol this year! hehe

Secondly - Fuii with "Coles" enviro bag!! Horror! Does Fuffa know abt this??

Thirdly - Whenever you can't believe he's there, give him a hug. He's give a Big Cuddly Teddybear Hug back then yes, he's there!

I miss him already :o(

Luv
Bhen