Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2. A New Beginning!

-14^C
Bright blue skies and sunny!
Thanks for that account Shai.. it almost brought tears to my eyes just reading it. Now for how it all went down.

It went pretty much as planned really.. they didn’t have a clue about me coming and as Shai said, when I knocked on that door they all freaked! It was the best Christmas I’ve ever had and one of the most memorable! Here are some pictures of the night..


In one of the lessons I had the children make Christmas Cards, one of which they wrote to my family. So here we are cracking open the christmas cards..


For Chook I bought a "Stop-hitting-yourself Stick", here I am showing him the basic usage directions..

And here he is trying it out for himself..





Saaayyyy KIMCHI!!



Playdough!!


The next day I went and surprised Taji at his new place. Chook and I went over there and I just walked in. He couldn’t believe I was there.. he was really worried that I wasn’t answering my emails or anything for the last week, that when I did show up he was lost for words.

The next few days MousMous and I went around surprising others. It was great to see all their different reactions. I said Ram Ram to Anukar Mama and he said it back, but it wasn’t until he saw Mous that he realized I wasn’t supposed to be there! It was hilarious! The only one I didn’t surprise was Twistie! I couldn’t believe it.. I wrote up that entry titled “Trickery” and the day it went up Chook got a call from Twist asking if I was home! I didn’t think she’d read it before I saw her though!
Who could forget the valuable time spent at Gloria!




It was a whirlwind tour and I didn’t get to spend enough time with anyone while other’s I couldn’t even see once. It was sad that it was so short, but I hope everyone understands and forgives me. I’d like to thank everyone for rescheduling their lives to accommodate me. It was a great trip and the memories I have will definitely keep me sane until we meet again (which will be either October 2009, or February 2010). I’ll leave you with the only pictures I took with my own camera.. Rainbow Beach and surrounding areas..
Our weapon of choice:
This sand just kept on cascading down.. never-ending.
This is what happens if you don't make it across the pass before the tide comes in. They say it was here for only about 2days..
60Kilometers of beach! It was so fun driving over the sand!!



And then I was back:

Free Image Hosting at <a href=www.ImageShack.us" />

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

1 comment:

Taj said...

....AND THEN YOU WERE BACK!!!!!
Miss you