Monday, January 19, 2009

4. Ichy!

Created on 17th January, 2009.

Yes, you’re right, another remote entry. Believe it or not, it’s from the exact same place as I made the last one: Fresh Bar. This place has become somewhat depressing now. Firstly, because of Pix who I met here ever so briefly, and then because the last time I was here I was jet-setting off to Oz. Ahh, sitting here thinking, it seems like that was only yesterday.. this past month has passed in the blink of an eye!

So what has changed? Everything.

Before I left it was as though I was facing an uphill climb.. 14 more months of it.. but for some reason, now, it’s as though I’ve braved the peak and the grass is defiantly greener here! (ok, I’ll stop). My outlook has shifted so drastically that I cant help but think how little time I have here. I should be out there making the most of it, I mean it’s only 13 months!! That’s only 52 weekends, 52opportunities or discover Korea; 104 days and that’s not including traveling time!!!

Here are the list of attendees on KrazedKalendar 2009/2010:

~ Pav and Shelly have pledged two weeks;
~ Taji has promised to visit, indefinitely (how I love this word! :D);
~ Shai and Nik have contributed a week;
~ Brandon and Collie have thought about a stopover;
~ Momma is attending in October;
~ MousMous and Mousa have also considered a couple of days;
~ Rahu has Korea on the mind; and finally,
~ Chook has (forcibly) pledged coming in December to share my holidays, also for an indefinite period. :D

So eight visitors in 13 months (given, they’ll probably all be clumped up at the end of the year.. but still), that’s not including all those I haven’t coerced into coming yet. I truly am a lucky person, though come 2010 my liver probably won’t share my sentiments.

Great! That’s so far wasted a grand total of 22 minutes! Oh I didn’t tell you why I’m here yet! No I’m not planning another trip.. I’m here to pick up Pav and Shelly who will land in just under three hours! They’ll get out around 2115 and then we’ll go to this cheap hotel that I’ve arranged, before making the five-hour journey back home tomorrow.

I’m assuming that they haven’t brought any warm clothes, so I’ve got my backpack full of supplies. Two beanies, Tul scarves, Two windbreakers and my toilet bag, it’s an effort getting to anything in there now! Ahhh that’s what I was going to say! I bought a floor-bed for myself (from GMarket.co.kr). I ordered and made the online payment on Thursday at 10am, and it arrived in my little valley village on 10am, Friday!! So for those of you who are worried about where you’ll sleep when you come over.. don’t be! You’ll get a King-size bed so come on over!!

Since I have 2hrs, 25mins to kill, I’m gonna go and have some dinner and beer.

Ok bye for now!



Present Day


7^C
Scattered clouds, somewhat foggy/smoggy, warm

Well it’s my first day back at work.. teaching. We have “winter camp” this week, which means that I’ll be teaching grade 3&4 in the mornings from 10-12, and then grades 5&6 in the afternoons from 1-3pm, after which I sit around doing nothing until 5 when I get to go home. It’s in that period that I’m at the moment. Man I’m bored! See I cant post blog entries from work anymore, I don’t know why but a few weeks before the holidays the website was suddenly blocked. So now I’m writing this in Word to send home to post tonight.

FYI, the bed I bought absolutely rocks!! Its sooo damn comfortable and since the mattress is on the floor that means that I get the heat straight up through the floor! I really, really didn’t want to wake up this morning though. I’ll try and get a picture of it tonight and post it up.

Ok that’s all for one post I think. You’ll be glad to hear that the water is back. Taj I have no idea how those Poms do it.. I don’t shower for a day and I feel all dirty! I’m still in the process of getting my shower converted to gas though.. I hope it happens soon.

Okbyeee

PS: Since I'm having guests over, I've gone all out and ordered a 40pack of MiGoreng goodness! I've always thought about the "The Lord Is My Shepherd; There Is Nothing I Shall Want" thing.. and I've come to the conclusion that MiGoreng is the exception!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could add Ritu & my name to that visitors list! :o(
For those who will end up visiting in Dec, happy freezings and I hope they don't stop the water again! (snigger)

MiGoreng is awesome! Very oily, fattening and salty, therefore Deeelicious! Though Kraze, I bought a pack of Spicy Curry Maggi Noodles. Not just any Maggi Noodles, FIJI Maggi Noodles! So MiGoreng has a serious competition! I hate this aussie maggi crapoodles they sell here. they should just import the Fiji ones!

OK, I'm off.

Luv,
Bhen