Thursday, April 30, 2009

7. Chooooky!

Happy Birthday Chook!

I think this is your first birthday where I've been away from you.. I hope you're doing what you want to!! Relax and enjoy life for the sheer reason that your living it. I've been thinking of you all day.. I tried calling at midnight, but I guess you must've been sleeping.. how unlike you!

I didn't mention the Lantern Festival, since I don't really have any pictures (my battery went flat). Basically there were a couple of roads closed off at the place we went to, called Insadong; there were tents erected selling all sorts of things. Mostly lanterns and how to make your own lanterns etc etc.. other groups were there too.. like the Thailand Buddha Association.. then there was a huge stage set up on one intersection where they had dancing and singing and the like. It was raining when I went there so that was a downer, but other than that the festival had all the liveliness I've come to love from Korea!

Ps: Due to boredom, I’ve come up with this calendar of my work days over April and May. It’s mainly due to things like Sports Days, mid-term exams, etc. The days in blue are the days I don’t need to go to work.. looks quite promising, no?




No comments: