Thursday, April 9, 2009

2. T.G.I.F.

21^C
Felt like the warmest day of the year so far! Perfect for a walk!
I can’t believe it’s Friday already! The days here pass soo quickly that I barely have a chance to breathe! It’s not like I have a lot on my plate during the week.. still somehow it flies by! I love it!

We had a new sixth grader transfer in a couple of weeks ago. She’s a good kid and the only one that bow’s and says thank-you to the teacher after the class is finished.. naturally I adore her! She’s the tallest person in the school.. She transferred here from Wonju (a bigger city) because her father is in the Korean Air Force and was assigned to another base close to Sangdong. Mr. Kim, the fourth grade teacher pointed her out to me and said “she is very tall”, to which I replied, “yes, she is”.

“It’s because she’s been brought up in Wonju.”
“Ahh righhht”, I laughed.
“No, really. Children in other parts of Korea are about her height. Only in rural communities such as here are they shorter.”, he said matter-of-factly.
“Why?”
“Well they have better nutrition in bigger cities. Vegetables are hard to find here, and not many families have the means to go shopping for nutritional food all the time”.

That made me a little sad.. I didn’t know what to say to him after that.

Here is the only grade three student. I don’t know how she copes with being the only one in a class, and the only one sitting with her teacher at the cafeteria. But she’s always happy and is friends with everyone! I give her just a tad more attention than the others, and now she run’s up to me yelling “MR SHIV!!” and gives me a big hug!


Oh and this is another girl (in grade four) at my second school. The one in the middle. She is soo damn adorable, and I’ve nicknamed her Matilda. Can you tell why?

This ones for you Mous Mous.. thanks for the advice, it turned out perfectly!

Finally, Taji said that I need to get more vege's into my diet.. so this one is to show you that I am.. can't get much healthier than this Taj..

No comments: