Saturday, November 1, 2008

1. Field Trip!

Welcome to November!!!
Yesterday and Thursday we were on a school excursion! We went to a traditional folk village with a huge amount of colourful trees, it seems like we went at the perfect time of year too. If you've ever seen Lord of the Rings, and remember the place of the Elves called Rivendale.. well this was exactly like it, except of course there was an Asian spin on it. The leaves of gold and red and multiple shades of orange were constantly falling like rain.. not once did I look around and not see the leaf shower.. Here are some pictures of the Korean Folk Village near Seoul:



Next we went to the Nam June Paik Art Centre which is the gallery of Video Art; Nam June Paik was the guy who first utilized video as a form of art. After spending about an hour there, we were off to Everland to see the night show! Now Everland is the Korean Disney Land, and just as I was about to take my first shots of it, my battery ran out. Yeah.. I know. So I’ve got no pictures of Everland.. I guess that’s another thing you’ll have to come and see for yourself :D

The night show was great though! There was a parade at 8pm where they have these huge floats full of neon and Christmas lights. All the power to the streets were shut off and between the floats there were people also dressed in different coloured lights! A lot of them were foreigners too.. some of them on roller-skates and others dressed up as gigantic carp, always smiling and waving! It was like a dream land, just what you’d expect from a children’s theme park except of course there was an Asian spin on it.

We slept at a Golf Resort that night, if sleep is what you’d call it. The teachers all sat together and drank Soju and beer with fried chicken and noodles until about 1:00am. Then we went to bed and woke bright and early at seven. I was the first up (not having drank all that much) and had a shower while the others sat moaning and groaning. This was the second day of our Everland trip.. we went there and it was raining and cold.. I had to wear four layers (including two jumpers) and was still cold! I think I’m gonna love this place in Winter. We ended up getting home at 4:30pm, and I was lucky enough to be dropped off right outside my apartment. I got in and made a strong, sweet cup of hot tea, sat on my couch and watched Heroes.

This morning I decided I should really clean the place up a bit.. Pav’s coming over in January and after much discussion between Me and MyLazySelf we decided that it couldn’t wait that long. So I hauled out the vacuum and did my washing and etc etc. Then I made some Halwa! I’m happy to report that it turned out perfectly! Just like my momma makes it! The semolina here is a bit different but that’s to be expected.. it wasn’t all that different though.. I was quite proud of it.. Having finally made something worthwhile from home! Here’s a pic:

And that brings us to now.. I’m taking it easy this weekend. My plan is to have no plans! It’s going pretty well for me so far, I’m thinking about watching The Pursuit of Happyness next..

Until I have something more interesting to report.. Aniyekesayo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That halwa looks NICE! You better make some for me when I'm there. I'll remind you.

Well done, Kraze.

Luv
Bhen

Anonymous said...

*stomach grumbles*

woof i miss your halwa ..dyu know what it reminds me of?

..sunset, the waterfall, the fire place, the rainforest - springbrooke

..and that hot chocolate we always try to boil on the hot plate but it just never get hot enough!