Thursday, November 27, 2008

7. Mini-oven Debut..


There really hasn't been all that much happening since the trip to Donghae. I bought a new oven over the internet and it was here in 2days time!! Only they stored it at school and forgot to tell me about it. So tonight I sit and write this with the delectable smells of pizza drifting around my apartment, more about that later.

Recently someone said to me that it’s the time of year where the squirrels run around and store their nuts for winter, and Korean’s make Kimchi. As I was sitting waiting for the bus at Nokjeon one day I snapped this.. This was about half of one shops’ harvest for the winter. From here they strip away all the outer leaves and then scrutinizingly wash each one by hand and stack them up to dry. After that they marinade it in a spicy sauce type thing and stack them in huge barrels. They used to be stored underground but you can find them beside every house here now. ‘Tis the season to make Kimchi falalalala la la la la..

And, my brand spankin' new Mini-oven!

Now for tonight’s experiment.. the pizza! It came out pretty well actually. Cheese here is expensive as! I bought a 250gram pack of grated cheese for just under $5. Like I said before, it made the apartment smell awesome and it tasted alright.. but it was nothing to write home about. Well… actually that’s kinda what I’m.. ahh forget it! Pictures!!

mmmmmmm.....

Like I said, nothing all that worth mentioning.. Hoping to go to Yeongwol tomorrow night, that should be fun if I make it..

Night Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mail order ovens and Korean pizza?

You can Macgyver anything! Lol.

You get oregano over there?

Anonymous said...

haha funny

how'd you make the dow?? ..i try and try and Always fail ..we never have yeast at home so think thats why it never works ..

also, what temp do you have it at? ..do you cook the base first?

..i just never get pizza bases right - it sucks!

yours looks reallly decent!