Friday, March 27, 2009

5. Amazing - Just Amazing!

PS: A few pictures courtesy of Korean hospitality.
PS: A few pictures courtesy of Korean hospitality.








Thanks Kuk, for inviting me as a guest to write on your blog.



I arrived in Sangdong on Sunday night after leaving Brisbane on midday, Saturday. The trip included flights, stopover, a little nap in a nearby hotel and a couple of bus rides.



Sangdong, is a primitive village remotely situated in the middle of mountains in north/eastern Sth Korea. By western standards all the mod and cons are available at hand.



Without dwelling too much on the geography/topography, climate etc of the place, (that - I leave to you readers who are lucky enough to visit this place to decide for yourselves) I intend to write more on my son Sharads' achievements so far, as a human being in his short 23.5 years of life. After talking at length on various issues with him, man to man of course (that's the way I brought all my 3 boys up in my share of their bringing up from childhood), I find Sharad to be a well balanced, nature caring and emotionally sensitive young man (though his physic sometimes tells a different story). Hehe.



He has acquired a level of thinking which surpasses most in his age group and I firmly believe that coming out in a totally new world and fending for everything himself, setting up a house etc has certainly helped him in his ways now.



I urge you readers who are even slightly inclined this way and circumstance permitting, to go out there in the world and explore it to your hearts content.



Finally, I would like to say this to you Kuk, for as long as you use that head on your shoulders and not head from elsewhere in deciding on life affecting issues, you're just fine. You will go to places where not many people have ever done so in this world.



And to you blog readers, if you feel that I am bragging about Sharad - because he is my son after all - then please disregard that you have ever read this article from the blog.



Suresh (and Taji to you Kuk)






By Guest Blogger: Taji.

No comments: