Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3...



7^C
A clear and fine day all round.

Tonight I find myself contemplating home. Very rarely have I thought of home; since I’ve been back from my Christmas visit. It seems as though the longing is still there, and yet the pain once felt is no longer urgent.. rather an inconvenience that happens to ambush me at unsuspecting times hoping to catch me off guard. Home is no longer an end goal, rather a base of operations. My heart is beginning to realise that it will never be the same place it had once been. I will by no means be able to slip into society, work, friends, after having experienced what I have. My mind now will forever be curious as to the next adventure and the next culture that presents itself. I have begun to understand that there is no longer a place for me in my previous life.



2 comments:

Taj said...

Good on you, my boy! Isn't this what you set out to achieve?
You will become a man of the world rather than belonging to a 'Piss Pot Society'where everyone is only trying to impress eachother by acquiring material wealth.

Taji

Anonymous said...

I envy you tremendously, Kraze. At least one Sagi outta 3 of us made it out in the world and is having adventures. I only started seeing the world with Ritu and now will be at a fullstop for a few yrs. But even then, staying at Hotels and watching 'cultural' shows are nothing. Living the life they live is the real experience/ adventure... Did I mention that I really envy you?

Love
Bhen