Monday, December 22, 2008

3. As requested?

Sorry I've been taking so long posting these days.. but like I said, it is the Silly Season and one does get a little busy.. even here believe it or not! :D

So I went and I met Ritu (Pixiefish) at Incheon! It was truly great to see someone from home come here!! I only wish I could have shown her around and tried to have her feel the real Korea as I've leant it. We met at the Hyatt Lobby (where she was staying; yeah I know! I couldn't believe it either.. of all places the HYATT!!) at Nine pi-em. Then from there we talked a bit and decided to go for a walk to my apartment which just happened to be 3mins walk away.. It was a lot warmer and much more cosy than the Hyatt lobby where the staff stalk you and if you so much as look at them for a split-second they'll come right over and offer their services. Now you understand why I had to get out of there! Then we had enough of that and talked some more about life in Korea and how everyone is back home and any goss she had.. I juiced it all out of her and now I know everything about everyone muahahahaha!! So yeah we went to her room this time and on the way I bought a bottle of Soju and some dried Squid.. come on.. it's Korea! How can you say you've visited Korea and not have tried the Soju/Anju!? Basically some more time was spent on goss and it was really time (I thought) well spent! Just wanting to know about everyday life in Oz is really great over here.. but then she left and I felt more homesick than I had done in months! But now it's slowly passed and last night I made some Dhal which came out pretty good and helped calm the homesickness!

On another note.. the other day I made some samosa's.. and then yesterday I finished them off (as in cooked the frozen half cooked ones in the oven).. here's a picture of what it looks like! The Imli Chutney was a little runny so I've added some more thick imli to it (not as thick as some hey Taj?). It taste's pretty good now! Oh and I made some Dhal!! It turned out better than I had expected too! The Dhal and my beautifully shaped rice-cup of rice, which I call the leaning tower of Riza!



And here's the samosa.. or one of, which I had with my cha while watching Heroes Season Three Finale. I told you I couldn't do triangles! I need one of those Samosa Makers and have asked Pav to get me some when/if she comes here from India!




Not much else to report.. I didn't do much on the weekend! The time with Ritu was good but too short-lived!! I really should get a few more pictures of my kids at Gurae but for some reason they aren't as willing with the whole photo thing!
Ok that's all for now.. I'll try to keep the updates more regular now so they aren't so long as the last entry.. and yes I know I've said that before! Okbyeeeee

2 comments:

Taj said...

Ye Kuk, that dhal looks aweeeeeeeeesome man. Right colour and texture.
Did you chouko it with lemon juice aswell?

Anonymous said...

I want some of that dhal!

Luv
Bhen