Thursday, May 28, 2009

4. Life, oh Life..

16^C
Refreshing, clean, crisp air..
I thought it was time for a midweek update. A few things have happened this week. Yesterday, being Wednesday, just before my class started, I was told:

"Shiv, by the way.. you have an open/demo class with me tomorrow as well as another on Friday and then after that you have to "take care" of classes 3-6 alone for 2 hours while we have a meeting.”
Easily done I thought, we can watch Mr Bean and play some games and have some fun.. that was before:

Oh and I forgot to tell you, the supervisor of The Board of Education wants to evaluate you while you're conducting that class."

Wait it gets better..

"Did I forget to mention.. you've been doing it wrong all these months (we've been very busy, you know), so here is the TEXT BOOK you are supposed to be using. The CD is in Korean, but I'm sure you'll manage."

After this I went off to class to teach.. "Who is teaching with me today?" *Blank faces looking at each other* "Sure thing", I said as I got the hell outta there..

So yesterday the students were completely all over the place.
The day before was a lot more interesting though. I do nothing at all on Tuesday’s but now I’m being forced to come into work and sit at my desk. So after doing nothing all day, I got home and it started hailing!! Places started to flood and everyone was at their windows mesmerized by the heavy rain and pelting ice.
Yesterday, after the heavy rain, I decided to go and explore the riverbank beside my apartment.. I found my Happy Place. Here's the view from it..

This is my Happy Place.. I can lie on it for hours and still be comfortable, its that smooth! All the world is drowned out and all you can hear is the constant rushing of the water while watching the clouds drift slowly by, high above.

This is what it looks like at my school after the rains..
Sangdong, as seen from the Bus Terminal..
Well it's now time for my big performance for the Yeongwol Education Board..

1 comment:

Bhen said...

I wish I could visit your Happy Place! It is beautiful.

Love
Bhen